Leaving for a trip is an important moment of relaxation and self-knowledge. It can also be very scary, because detaching from the routine means confronting the unexpected, leaving one’s own patterns. And then you need to learn to take care not only of your body but also of your mental health. such as?
- Plan your return home. Nostalgia could be a very difficult feeling to manage. So you have to fix when you see them again and how you can hear them. You know the fox and the little prince.
- Talk to your doctor before leaving. If you are concerned about your mental health while traveling due to past experiences or because you are dealing with depressive forms, talk to your doctor. Use this as an opportunity to make sure you are mentally and physically fit for the type of trip you intend to do
- Bring home memories with you. Unfamiliarity with travel may seem mentally confusing to some people. Bringing some family comforts with you can make all the difference. If you have space, pack your pillow or blanket that always makes you feel at home.
- Make an emergency plan. This is particularly important. If anything goes wrong, you need to know that you can face the situation without panic because you have a parachute.
- Make sure your itinerary includes time for any personal care. When you are at home, you know your routine, your restaurants and your goodnight rituals, but on vacation, these may not be familiar and require more mental effort. You must therefore take a rhythm that is not too pressing.